Letter to the Guardian - 4th August 2013.
THE PARALYZED MONEY-ECONOMY - RE-BOOT THE GLOBAL REAL-ECONOMY
Deborah Orr writes of stasis and despair and the uselessness of reviving the Loads ‘O Money and Greed is Good disgraced financial system (Tell me, exactly when did idealism become a criminal offence? Guardian 3 Aug 13).
|FROM OUR AFTER-TAX WAGES |
TO OUR HIGH STREETS
TO SECRET TAX-HAVENS
AND BACK TO US AS LOANS
THE FREE MARKETS
Wall Street experts estimate that 9.1 million persons (0.1% of population) hold $32 trillion (80 million lost jobs) in tax-havens – outside the system that the other 99.9% of us rely on. This vast sum is the cream, the 1% top slice liquidity of the global economy earned since 1980 (Big Bang Monetarism). The “owners” hide it, don’t need it, resist all change, will not invest it, and only lend it back to us via Wonga at 5,000%, VISA and Mastercard etc. at 36% and a few business loans at 7.5% - against a Base Rate of 0.5% (10,000 down to 15 times profits).
Now that we know that the NSA and GCHQ know all our secrets; government could and should repatriate the tax-evasion-capital-flight under old, existing laws (The City PR machine falsely claims new laws are needed; to protect the 9.1 million false accounting culprits, like Berlusconi, from jail). When the $32 trillion is invested back into the major economies, from whence it came, into new, intelligent, science-led, clean, long term global improvements – then the vastly underused spare human hours (we work 80,000 of a possible 230,000 hours – no wonder we are obese) will be re-mobilised and the global real-economy (real stuff, not crooked, destructive paper transactions) will be re-booted.
If the 0.1% won’t co-operate and can’t be gouged out of their offshore bunkers, then government must cancel all paper wealth and start over with a new world currency and new low cost Money-Economy system, e.g. sweeping out 1.3 million financial fiddlers in the UK, replaced by 10 mainframe computers.
Deborah Orr is right – the old system is useless and decaying. Good politicians will direct what nations must make and do next in the Real-Economy. A great future awaits us, if we can lever our overweight selves up from our hot pink armchairs, ditch the TV remote, switch on our brains and get back to work. Where are the visionary Statesmen and Women?
Life is short (how many weekends have YOU got left?) so let’s get on with it. Action This Day - Send the Gunboats into the tax-havens now!
(Mr) Noel Hodson